Senior Manager, Public Relations
Western Digital Corporation
+65 6572 8783
Total Quality PR (Thailand)
+66 2260 5820 ext. 125
Western Digital Inspires More Gamers to Level Up Their Gaming Rigs
Bangkok, March 30, 2022 – As game worlds become more immersive and place greater demands on our systems, gamers are looking for ways to optimize their rigs for intensive games and add storage for future updates and downloadable content. To help PC gamers play at their best, Western Digital just released its latest addition to the WD_BLACK™ portfolio, the WD_BLACK™ SN770 NVMe™ SSD. The new drive fuels gaming PC rigs with faster speeds and longer gameplay, offering up to 40% faster performance and up to 20% more power efficiency at maximum speed over the previous generation.1
“As more gamers look to make the transition to PCIe Gen4 systems, we believe it is important for the PC gaming community to have a variety of reliable, high-performing solutions to level up their gaming rigs,” said Stefan Mandl, vice president of sales at Western Digital. “The new WD_BLACK SN770 NVMe SSD makes Gen4 technology more accessible, helping more gamers get into the game faster and improve their overall gaming experience.”
The WD_BLACK SN770 NVMe SSD features a PCIe® Gen4 interface2 that delivers ultra-fast read speeds of up to 5,150MB/s3 (1TB and 2TB models only) to fuel in-game responsiveness, minimize stutter, and provide smooth streaming for a performance boost that gamers can see and feel. The drive is an accessible option for gamers looking to transition to Gen4 while also being backwards compatible for those with Gen3 systems. Purpose-built for PC gaming, it’s an ideal solution for enthusiast PC builders and long-time gamers looking to elevate their gaming experience.
Key features of the new drive include:
- Blazing fast sequential read speeds up to 5,150 MB/s3 (1TB and 2TB models only) for quick game load times
- Smooth streaming and minimal in-game stutter thanks to the drive’s PCIe Gen4 compatibility with modern motherboards and laptops2
- Consistent performance at maximum speed thanks to advanced thermal management and 20% increased power efficiency over previous generation internal NVMe SSDs1
Pricing and Availability
The WD_BLACK SN770 NVMe SSD will be unveiled at Commart Comverse 2022 from 31 March–3 April 2022 and is available at the JIB, Advice, IT City, Banana IT, Speed Computer. The new drive will also be available for purchase at leading IT stores thereafter. The drive is available in capacities ranging from 250GB (THB 2,190), 500GB (THB 3,290), 1TB (THB 4,990), and 2TB (THB 12,900)4 models.
Exclusive Launch Promotions at Commart Comverse 2022
Customers who purchase any capacity of WD_BLACK SN770 NVMe SSD at Commart Comverse will be able to redeem the WD_BLACK tumbler, while also having a chance to win a Club Marriott package or other prizes from The Wall Game. For more information and redemption, please visit our redemption booth at #K10 (pillar #40).
To learn more about the WD_BLACK line of purpose-built gaming solutions please visit www.WDBLACK.com.
# # #
About Western Digital
Western Digital creates environments for data to thrive. As a leader in data infrastructure, the company is driving the innovation needed to help customers capture, preserve, access and transform an ever-increasing diversity of data. Everywhere data lives, from advanced data centers to mobile sensors to personal devices, our industry-leading solutions deliver the possibilities of data. Our data-centric solutions are comprised of the Western Digital®, G-Technology™, SanDisk®, and WD® brands.
Western Digital, the Western Digital logo, G-Technology, SanDisk, WD, WD_BLACK, and the WD_BLACK logo are marks of Western Digital Corporation or its affiliates in the U.S. and/or other countries. NVMe™ is a mark of NVM Express, Inc. PCIe® is a mark of PCI-SIG in the United States and/or other countries. All other marks are the property of their respective owners. Product specifications subject to change without notice. Pictures shown may vary from actual products. ©2022 Western Digital Corporation or its affiliates. All rights reserved.
- Up to 40% faster and up to 20% better power efficiency at maximum speed as compared to our last gen product, the 1TB WD_BLACK SN750 SE SSD.
- PCIe® Gen4 storage technology requires a compatible motherboard. WD_BLACK™ SN770 is backwards-compatible with PCIe Gen3.
- Based on read speed. 1 MB/s = 1 million bytes per second. Based on internal testing; performance may vary depending upon host device, usage conditions, drive capacity, and other factors.
- 1GB = 1 billion bytes and 1TB = 1 trillion bytes. Actual user capacity may be less depending on operating environment.