Senior Manager, Public Relations
Western Digital Corporation
+65 6572 8783
Total Quality PR (Thailand)
+66 2260 5820 ext. 125
Western Digital Sparks Imagination for Content Creators and Professionals with New Drive Designed for Demanding Creative Workflows
Bangkok, July 11, 2023 – In today’s world demand for visual brilliance and digital content creation is skyrocketing, paving the way for more advanced technologies that support the production and consumption of rich content. For consumers, students, and professionals, fast, reliable tools are a must-have to keep their imaginations flowing.
Building upon its award-winning SSD portfolio, Western Digital released the WD Blue™ SN580 NVMe™ solid state drive (SSD). The new, NVMe PCIe® Gen 4.0 internal flash drive is purpose-built for the creative enthusiast community and professionals to use when upgrading current PCs or elevating a custom build.
“As creator workflows become more robust and complex with heavy applications and large multimedia assets like 4K video, it’s easy to become frustrated with long load times,” said Eric Spanneut, vice president of client and enterprise SSDs for Western Digital. “The new WD Blue SN580 NVMe SSD boosts productivity, so professionals and entrepreneurial creators can focus on bringing their imaginations to life without having to wait long for files to transfer or programs to load.”
The WD Blue SN580 is the first drive within the WD Blue product portfolio to feature nCache™ 4.0 technology and NVMe PCIe® Gen 4.0 to enable professionals, PC builders and content creators to focus more on what they do best rather than worrying about load and file transfer times.
Key features of the new WD Blue SN580 NVMe SSD include:
- NVMe PCIe Gen 4.0: Boost productivity and multitask effortlessly between projects with large and complex workflows with increased application responsiveness and boot times with up to 4,150 MB/s read and write speeds† (1TB – 2TB models).
- nCache 4.0 technology: Enables blistering fast copying of large files and media assets with high burst write performance and hybrid SLC cache for an optimized creator workflow.
- Sleek design: Up to 2TB ‡‡ of storage on a slim M.2 2280 form factor for reliable storage of applications, data, and media including photos, 4K videos and music.
- Reliability: Have peace of mind with Western Digital’s 5-year limited warranty* and a rating up to 900TBW** (2TB model).
- Low Power requirements: Keep creating uninterrupted when you’re in the zone or on the go with DRAM-less, low-power storage to help maximize your laptop’s battery life.
Pricing and Availability
The WD Blue SN580 NVMe SSD is now available for purchase at JIB, Advice, IT City, and the WD official online store across platforms. It also comes with a 5-year limited warranty*. Capacities range from 250GB‡‡ (THB 1,490), 500GB‡‡ (THB 1,990), 1TB‡‡ (THB 2,990), and 2TB‡‡ (THB 8,990).
* * *
About Western Digital
Western Digital is on a mission to unlock the potential of data by harnessing the possibility to use it. With Flash and HDD franchises, underpinned by advancements in memory technologies, we create breakthrough innovations and powerful data storage solutions that enable the world to actualize its aspirations. Core to our values, we recognize the urgency to combat climate change and have committed to ambitious carbon reduction goals approved by the Science Based Targets initiative. Learn more about Western Digital and the Western Digital®, SanDisk® and WD® brands at www.westerndigital.com.
* 5 years or Max Endurance (TBW) limit, whichever occurs first.
** TBW (terabytes written) values calculated using JEDEC client workload (JESD219) and vary by product capacity
†1 MB/s = 1 million bytes per second. Based on internal testing; performance may vary depending upon host device, usage conditions, drive capacity, and other factors.
‡‡1GB = 1 billion bytes and 1TB = 1 trillion bytes. Actual user capacity may be less depending on operating environment.
Western Digital, the Western Digital design, the Western Digital logo, nCache, and WD Blue are registered trademarks or trademarks of Western Digital Corporation or its affiliates in the US and/or other countries. The NVMe word mark is a trademark of NVM Express, Inc. All other marks are the property of their respective owners.
Product specifications subject to change without notice. Pictures shown may vary from actual products. Not all products may be available in all regions of the world.
© 2023 Western Digital Corporation or its affiliates. All rights reserved.